International Construction Manager / Business Leader
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||ConstructionConstruction - Senior Appointments|
|Salary||£90000 - £110000 per annum + Extensive Benefits|
This is a Senior Management position working within a 'client side' Construction department, requiring flexibility on working location between the UK & International operations. Business leadership is the key to this role and for the successful candidate, you will have a fantastic run way to realise your full career potential, with an iconic organisation.
As the successful candidate you will have responsibility for the delivery of construction operations post Pre-Construction stages (RIBA 3-4) for build projects up to the value of £400m+. Your priorities will be the development of delivery execution plans including; H&S construction plans, programme schedules, quality plans, budget controls/cost reports and handover plans. These activities will require development in collaboration with Pre-Construction and Purchasing teams.
The role will also require the development of procurement strategies which will support the sourcing of consultants and contractors. Post procurement responsibilities for the management of both consultants and contractors for the safe delivery of the construction operations. Your ultimate responsibility will be the management of all construction operations through the consultancy partners and construction company teams.
Do you fit the bill? .....
- Experience of high value (£100m+) P&L and budgeting experience within a construction environment.
- Previous experience as a Regional Director or equivalent role within the UK or International (preferable) construction & engineering sector(s).
- Able to articulate and demonstrate "key factors" which underpin and determine successful business outcomes - this to include "lessons learnt" which has shaped experience and evolved individual and team capability.
- Ability to articulate how strong goal setting, scorecard setting and management is important.
- Able to create an interdependent alignment with the departmental and organisation goals, requirements and needs.
- Have a clear "results" orientation.
- Be a champion and crusader of the organisation.
- Take full ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to "communicate the territory" - purpose, vision, goals, outlining opportunities and challenges.
- Demonstrable experience of producing results and outcomes.
- Highly competent construction expert and practitioner - with a strong Project Management orientation.
- Portfolio of high value (£100m+), technically complex, FastTrack projects across a broad spectrum of projects - focus on manufacturing and inter-related projects a real advantage. Automotive experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Demonstrable experience / competency and understanding of running programmes of work.
- Needs to be able to demonstrate a strong orientation and understanding of the "triple constraint" model - Time, Cost, Quality and show how the inter-relationship is interdependent.
- Involvement in commercial / contract formation, negotiations and dispute resolution.
- Demonstrable ability to devise tangible recovery plans and evidence track record in this area of competency.
Leadership Style and Capabilities:
- Ability to demonstrate backbone and heart.
- Interactional equilibrium - the ability to maintain oneself and team relationships while being pulled by the forces of fear, conflict and anxiety.
- Ability to lead and manage in the midst of ambiguity and volatility. Be a non-politician.
- Achieve "excellence" by working through the team.
- A catalyst for positive change and evolution.
- Bring immediacy to the moment.
- Building commitment, relationships and facilitating interactions.
- Producing results and outcomes (not a duplication of same reference above - specific to this category and context).
- Motivational - you will have a "signature presence".
Personal Characteristics and Behaviours:
- A creative, self-starter, able to demonstrate self-differentiation.
- Confident, approachable with a strong customer service ethic.
- Strong influencing, persuading and negotiation skills; think 'Partnering' / "win win".
- Challenging - to motivate not to suppress.
- Emotionally Intelligent with an 'us' not 'me' approach.
- Bold and tenacious.
- Professional, trustworthy and fair.
- Confident not arrogant.
- High levels of energy and resilience.
- Focused, cares and has a sense of assurance and grip.
- Degree qualification in Construction / Engineering, or:
- Higher National qualification supported by significant "in role'' experience and institutional membership.
- Safety management qualifications - minimum qualification CSCS Black Card.
For a confidential conversation regarding this position, please contact Marie Buckingham at Recruit Build, attaching a current CV to apply.
Please note that every effort will be made to contact all applicants, however due to the high volume in candidate applications if you have not had a response to your submission within 10 days please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.