Business Development Manager - New venture
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Southampton, Hampshire,United Kingdom,--Portsmouth, Hampshire|
|Area||South East, England|
|Sector||ConstructionConstruction - Business Development|
|Salary||£55000 - £60000 per annum + car allow+bonus+benefits|
This is an innovative and dynamic business that is developing a name in the fast emerging off site construction industry producing modular homes. With equity backing from one of the Uk's leading modular build companies and a major nationally active house builder this business is a great position to become a market leader supplying modular homes throughout the UK.
The requirement is for a Business Development Manager to be based in the Portsmouth / Southampton area to lead the creation and development of business pipeline.
- Prospect for new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within their organisation.
- Plan approaches and pitches by working with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client's needs, concerns and objectives.
- Close sales deals and own the customer relationship end to end.
- Maintain a focus on market and business trends with a view to developing new products and distribution channels.
- Contribute to new product development by working with internal technical staff and other colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Track and record activity on accounts through the CRM system and assist as required in closing deals to meet targets.
- Understand the company's goals, people, capabilities and ethos as well as continually strive to enhance performance.
- Fully understand when to involve other staff to use their skills to capture Clients and to build a robust pipeline.
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry and / or affordable housing sector with 10-15 years minimum experience.
- Proven and demonstrable track record of building a solid pipeline which has delivered substantial growth for previous and current organisations.
- Deep understanding of pipeline and account management.
- Capable of producing own submissions and demonstrating versatility in a growing company
- Experience working with bid teams and ability to prioritise and convert opportunities.
- Preferably degree qualified in a related subject.
Should the candidate be interested in career progression then this role should very quickly develop into a more senior position due to the significant growth planned for the business.
This opportunity comes with a salary to £60,000pa + £6000 car allowance + benefits including: Bonus to 25%, Healthcare, 25 days holiday, Death in service, Company sick pay.
Please note that every effort will be made to contact all applicants, however due to the high volume in candidate applications if you have not had a response to your submission within 10 days please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.