Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Manchester, Greater Manchester,United Kingdom,--Newcastle upon T|
|Area||North West, EnglandNorth East, England|
|Sector||ConstructionConstruction - Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary||£50000 - £60000 per annum + Car allowance and Package|
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Civils - Location - Manchester / Leeds / Newcastle
Package - Basic Salary from £50,000 to £60,000 pa + car allowance, 6% Company Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Laptop
Must be prepared to lodge away - Fully expensed (circa £1200/month tax free)
The Civil construction arm of a major construction and regeneration group. Operating nationally, this award-winning building contractor works across all construction sectors with projects from £1m to well over £60m. With an increasing forward order book and strong cash position the business is well placed for growth as the economy continues to strengthen.
This opportunity is for a driven Project Quantity Surveyor that is looking for a career move to a business that can enable them to work autonomously with an excellent support structure and have a clearly defined career path with a very successful organisation.
With continued success securing a number of high value projects this business is looking for a senior Quantity Surveyor to join the project teams on site delivering major civil schemes.
To apply for this role, you must have the following experience:
- Experience working on Civil engineering projects ideally within the water industry.
- 7 years post graduate quantity surveying experience.
- Excellent contractual knowledge specifically NEC3.
- Good procurement and sub-contractor management experience.
You will play a key role in the commercial success of projects including:
- Full Quantity Surveying skills including measurements, valuation, and agreement of work sections
- Submitting accurate detailed payment applications
- Identifying areas of overspend and waste
- Chasing payment certificates and outstanding payments
- Ensuring records are made and recorded to support any variations and claims
- Producing accurate internal reporting
- Optimise cash in and the net cash position
- Advise on commercial risks and opportunities within the project/s
- Negotiate with clients representatives and other consultants
- Advise Project Management on contractual implications of intended courses of action
- Ideally 7-10 years project experience.
You must be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying and preferably holding RICS accreditation.
This is a permanent role with excellent career potential. Salary to £60,000pa, ca r/ car allowance, + package including usual benefits.
Please note that every effort will be made to contact all applicants, however due to the high volume in candidate applications if you have not had a response to your submission within 10 days please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.